Does QuarkXPress support the new version of OS X, 10.10, better known as Yosemite?
For all details please see here: http://forums.quark.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26772
In a nutshell:
- In QuarkXPress 10.2 and 10.2.1 Quark has already added fixes for Yosemite, so it is expected to run well under OS X Yosemite, though 10.2.x is not officially supported on Yosemite. Quark recommends using 10.2.1.
- Quark is currently testing QuarkXPress intensively on the release build of Yosemite in all languages.
- Quark will release a new version of QuarkXPress 10, called version 10.5, soon. Estimate is to release it in about ten to twenty days, depending on the test results, so either last week of October or first week of November.
- QuarkXPress will automatically notify you via the Auto Updater.
- QuarkXPress 10.5 will be officially supported on OS X Yosemite.
- QuarkXPress 10.5 will be free of charge for everybody owning a license of QuarkXPress 10.x.
Both an engineer and a layout artist, Matthias bridges the gap between technology and people.
Before joining Quark, Matthias pioneered print, Web, and multimedia products for multiple German publishing companies. Since 1997 he has played a central role in shaping Quark’s desktop and enterprise software.
Starting 2003 Matthias has focused on Quark’s interactive and digital publishing solutions. He is an active participant in design and publishing communities and represents Quark in the Ghent PDF Workgroup.
Since February 2014 Matthias heads Quark’s Desktop Publishing business unit and is therefore responsible for QuarkXPress.