CreativePro.com posted my review of Enfocus’ PitStop Pro 11 today. If you work with PDFs on a regular basis, I encourage you to have a look at it.
Depending on your needs, PitStop can be:
- An editor for objects on PDF pages, similar to a page layout application.
- A PDF preflighting tool to automatically find and fix any conceivable problem.
- A PDF-repurposer, to convert a press-ready PDF to an iPad-ready PDF, a Web-ready PDF, or a small PDF for client approval.
- A PDF Certifier, to ensure compliance with international standards.
- Part of a completely automated PDF workflow, when used with Enfocus’ other products.
Note that you can use it in conjunction with their Instant PDF XTension for QuarkXPress to ensure that your PDFs are perfect for your intended output.
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.