Vision’s Edge’s VTools is an XTension for QuarkXPress 6, 7 or 8 that adds many useful features:
- It can remove sequences of duplicated characters such as space-space
- Display the character, word and line count of a story
- Copy text and paragraph attributes and apply them to other text
- Resize a picture or text box to its content
- Convert all Spot colors to Process colors
The newest features include:
- Add all images in folder to a QuarkXPress Library
- “Advisory Board”, a redlining and note tool for reviewing and approving changes in text
For older versions of QuarkXPress that don’t already have the following features, VTools lets you:
- Change text rotation, text skew, baseline shift and horizontal scale from a palette
- Change the case of selected text (ALL CAPS, Word Caps, etc.)
- Add industry-standard and/or user-defined page sizes & layouts to the File> New dialog box
VTools costs $59.
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.