Markzware’s MarkzTools 8 is now available for QuarkXPress 8 for Macintosh. This amazing XTension adds the following features to QuarkXPress, and more:
- Convert any version document down to version 6 or 4.1 — without opening it into QuarkXPress
- Warn you when you’re about to save a document created by a lower version into a higher version
- Verify the intergrity of files when saving
- Verify the integrity of a document without opening it
- Save files to your computer before saving them to a networked server
- Salvage corrupted files by extracting text and/or pictures
- Split QuarkXPress 6 & 7 projects into the separate Layouts contained in them.
- Convert all picture previews to gray boxes, to reduce the QuarkXPress document file size for archiving
- Set a Mac OS color label on every document when you save it
MarkzTools 8 is priced at US$199, with $99 upgrades for users of MarkzTools 6 and 7. If you haven’t yet upgraded to QuarkXPres 8, take heart: Markzware also has versions of MarkzTools for all earlier versions of QuarkXPress.
And for just $100 more, Markzware will add their ID2Q XTension, which lets you open files from InDesign version 1.5 through InDesign CS4 directly into QuarkXPress!
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.