Wow. Quark just announced that any copy of QuarkXPress 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 registered and used in the Americas is eligible for a $199 upgrade, which includes this:
2-year ServicePlus membership (see below)
QuarkXPress 9 when it is released
Quark’s ServicePlus Maintenance Plan is normally reserved for companies that use five or more copies of QuarkXPress, but with this offer they’re waiving that requirement — owning just one copy gets you this deal. Its regular price is $528 per license!
ServicePlus gives you quite a few benefits, including (according to their website):
- Free Maintenance Upgrade of QuarkXPress Software, if an upgrade is released during ServicePlus term. (Quark is currently on a less-than-24-month release cycle, so your term is sure to include QuarkXPress 9!)
- On-site, two-day, GAP or transitional training for all creative staff; training days must be scheduled during enrollment period. (This may have a minimum seat requirement — be sure to ask.)
- Technical support provided through e-mail and a dedicated direct ServicePlus member phone number to Level 2 and 3 Quark technicians
- Concurrent usage of QuarkXPress 7/8
- Free replacement CDs.
- 25% discount on all Quark branded XTensions® for QuarkXPress.
Offer expires April 30 and you must use the following promotional Code: 0430QXPPROMO. (Your order must be processed by that date, and processing may take a few days — so get on it now.)
Take advantage of this offer here:
- Email Quark at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Quark at 1.800.998.1716 (toll free)
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.