Badia OpenNow Pro is now available for QuarkXPress 6, 7 or 8 for Macintosh. This XTension adds many features to help with imported pictures. To use it, simply double-click any picture box. OpenNow will display:
- Picture name and icon.
- Full path to the file, with the option to Reveal any enclosing folder in the Finder.
- Image size.
- Dimensions (width x height).
- Format (EPS, TIFF, etc.).
- Color Model (RGB, CMYK, etc.).
- Effective resolution (takes into account scaling).
- Date last modified.
- Status (OK, Modified, etc.).
It also has these features:
- Update Now button for Modified/Wrong Type images.
- Reveal image in Finder.
- Instantly switch preview resolution (low/high).
- Open image with default application or with any application you choose.
- Access picture usage window to update Missing images.
The new version 4 for QuarkXPress 8 adds these features:
- Navigate through all the images in the document.
- Show color profile.
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.