www.DesignersToolbox.com is a handy and helpful website that provides many different kinds of truly useful, free resources, such as:
- dozens of envelope sizes with downloadable die line files
- labels, covers, and carriers for CDs and DVDs
- standard postcard sizes with templates for InDesign and QuarkXPress
- folder templates folding diagrams
- paper sizes (American, international, and Japanese)
- standard Web banner dimensions and file sizes proofreading marks
- my favorite: downloadable interface items for Mac and Windows (radio buttons, pulldown menus, text fields, scroll bars, etc.)
You’re probably going to need this website at some time, so why not bookmark it now? (Our thanks to Chuck Green for pointing it out at www.pageplane.com.)
Jeff Gamet is a contributing editor for Design Tools Monthly, the executive summary of graphic design news. He is also the morning editor and reviews editor for The Mac Observer and iPodObserver.com, and contributing writer for Layers Magazine and Photoshop User. He writes the InBrief column for InDesign Magazine, and is the author of “The Designer’s Guide to Mac OS X,” from Peachpit Press
When Jeff isn’t writing about the graphic design world, he’s talking about it on the Design Tools Weekly podcast with co-host Jay Nelson. He also talks about Apple and the Mac world every week on The Mac Observer’s Apple Weekly Report.
Jeff studies, tests and reviews new software and technologies for the Macintosh community as well as the design and print industries. He is a former Pre-press specialist, and has nearly 25 years experience with computer technology. Jeff trains, lectures and consults on techniques for more efficiently using Mac OS X in creative environments throughout the country.
In the rare moments when he can get away from his MacBook Pro, Jeff spends his time climbing and biking in the Colorado mountains.