Six months ago, Quark released version 7 of their Quark Publishing System, a unique server-based system that allowed groups to share in the production of a publication. We wrote about it then, Quark Releases Quark Publishing System 7
Now, Quark has released version 7.4 of QPS, and it adds several important new features:
- Support for Mac OS 10.5 Leopard in QPS and its clients.
- The new QPS Web Hub now runs with Apple’s Safari browser as well as Firefox.
- LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) Support: QPS user names and passwords can now be managed through a company’s active directory to streamline and consolidate user management.
- Full Text Search: Users can now search document content within any assets that are stored in QPS.
- Check-in Multiple: The ability for users to check in multiple assets at the same time.
- Russian and Polish interfaces are now available in QPS.
You can read Quark’s full press release here.
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.