I’ve written about Markzware’s MarkzTools before, Save QX7 Projects Down to QX4, And More…, but I didn’t mention some of its most useful features.
For example, this XTension for QuarkXPress can:
- Set a Mac OS color label on every document when you save it
- Convert any version document down to version 4.1 (without opening it into QuarkXPress)
- Verify the integrity of a document without opening it
- Split QuarkXPress 6 & 7 projects into the separate Layouts contained in them.
- Salvage corrupted files
- Verify files when saving
- Convert all picture previews to gray boxes
- and much more.
MarkzTools costs $199 and is available for Mac only.
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.