One of the most fun aspects of attending a trade show is the possibility of winning free products. ThePowerXChange and X-Ray Magazine have been exhibiting at all the recent printing and graphics trade shows recently, and now they’re bringing that part of the event to everyone.
Announced at Macworld Expo, and to be presented at Graphics of the Americas, their new $25,000 giveaway combines software and products from industry-leading companies such as Quark, Adobe, StockLayouts, Markzware, Enfocus, Gluon, AutoFX, Extensis, Insider, Badia, onOne, Fontlab, and my company, Design Tools Monthly.
Quark is giving the most generous prize: five copies of QuarkXPress, five copies of Quark Interactive Designer, and a copy of Quark Print Collection. Some of my other favorites include:
- Adobe Creative Suite 3, Design Premium Edition
- Training from Sterling Ledet
- $500 credit from Printing for Less
- Markzware’s FlightCheck Professional and Designer
- Markzware’s ID2Q and Q2ID
- Extensis Portfolio
- EnFocus Pitstop Professional
- Gluon’s ProPack
- Virginia Systems’ Professional Publisher’s Bundle
- onOne Software’s QX-Tools Pro and Genuine Fractals
- Badia’s BigPicture and Exportools
- Extensis Suitcase Fusion
- Insider’s FontAgent Pro
- XTensions from Vision’s Edge
- Chuck Green’s Ideabooks
- Galaxy Gauge’s Art Director’s Reference Kit
- and of course Design Tools Monthly
The goal of the giveaway is to raise awareness of the incredible value that each of these tools brings to any workflow. Anyone over 18 years of age may enter, and the winner will be chosen on March 1st at the Graphics of the Amerias show in Florida.
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.