onOne Software’s QX-Tools Pro 7 ($100) adds more than a dozen new features to QuarkXPress 7.
The newest include:
- QX-Drag & Drop: lets you drag and drop picture files and text files from Adobe Bridge or the Finder onto a QuarkXPress page.
- QX-WYSIWYG: displays fonts in the font menu in their own typefaces.
- QX-SuperSelect: lets you select unconnected sections of text to copy or format.
- QX-Find-Change: lets you combine multiple find-change actions into one sequence.
- QX-Underline: allows rules and underlines to automatically skip over descenders in characters such as g, j, p, q & y.
- QX-Shortcuts: lets you create your own keyboard shortcuts or reassign existing keyboard shortcuts.
- QX-Tips&Tricks: displays tips from Jay Nelson, editor of Design Tools Monthly.
Other features let you create Item Styles for text and picture boxes, frames and rules; adjust attributes of characters, paragraphs, rules and objects from a palette with Up and Down arrows; Find/Change anything, including attributes of items; Scale groups of items with control over which attributes get scaled, and an Undo button; view a thumbnail of your page/spread and click to navigate to any location; save and reuse favorite zoom levels; and more.
You can watch a 5-minute intro video at QXT7 Welcome Video
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.