Badia FullMeasure 4.0 ($90) adds another Measurements palette to QuarkXPress 7.
FullMeasurre 4.0 provides quick access to almost every control that is otherwise hidden in a QuarkXPress dialog box.
It also adds new timesaving abilities, such as:
- Find and replace any attribute of any item(s)
- Interactively change almost any value by pressing Up and Down arrows
- Adjust view percentage with a slider
- Save and use custom view percentages
- Choose a font from a list of fonts used in the document
- Redefine a Style Sheet to match selected text
- Count words, characters or paragraphs
- Insert special characters
- Fit box to picture or text
- Determine the “effective” resolution of a picture, which takes into account scaling
- Display picture file size, format, color mode, and creator application
- Update all modified pictures
- Show a picture file in the Finder or launch its creator application
- List fonts & colors used in imported EPS files
- Convert measures between inches, mm, picas, pixels, etc.
- Add guides precisely, create a guide at text baseline, and step & repeat guides
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.