My previous posts pointed out some favorite improvements in the QuarkXPress 7.3 update, but I neglected to mention its faster speed. Quark is rightfully proud of its faster speed as well as its other improvements, which include:
- Spell checking is up to 500% faster.
- Files save up to 75% faster on local hard drives.
- Text can be navigated up to 50% faster.
- Collect For Output is up to 40% faster.
- Some projects save as much smaller files.
- Several new PDF Output Styles are included.
If you haven’t gotten it yet, there’s no reason to wait. The update is available as a 325MB download (requires registration).
QuarkXPress 7.3 Update
Jay Nelson is the editorial director of PlanetQuark.com, and the editor and publisher of Design Tools Monthly. He’s also the author of the QuarkXPress 8 and QuarkXPress 7 training titles at Lynda.com, as well as the training videos Quark includes in the box with QuarkXPress 7 . In addition, Jay writes regularly for Macworld and Photoshop User magazines and speaks at industry events.