Apple’s iPad has an unusual color gamut. To get an approximate preview of iPad colors in QuarkXPress or Adobe’s Creative Suite, download Christian Albrecht’s ICC color profile for the iPad from http://bit.ly/xEI6nH. Copy it into this folder on your Mac: \Library\ColorSync\Profiles.
To view your document(s) in this color space, do this:
1. Quit and re-launch QuarkXPress.
2. Choose Edit> Color Setups> Output and create a new Output Setup. Name it “iPad”.
3. Choose Composite from the Mode popup, RGB from the Model popup, and iPad.icc from the Profile popup.
4. Choose View> Proof Output> iPad
1. Choose Edit> Transparency Blend Space and choose Document RGB.
2. Choose Edit> Color Settings and choose North America General Purpose 2.
3. Choose View> Proof Setup> Custom.
4. Select iPad.icc for the “Device to Simulate” and check the Preserve RGB Numbers option.
5. Choose View> Proof Colors.
The colors on your display should now more closely match the colors on your iPad — not exactly, but better than before.